2023 Homeownership Recruitment
Do you have the qualifications to become a Habitat Homeowner?
Bee Ready Homebuyer
Required Documentation for Submitting a Completed Application
You must bring all of the documents listed below with your completed application to the second session:
List of Documents:
You must bring copies of all the documents below FOR EVERY ADULT IN THE HOUSEHOLD to the second meeting so start gathering them now and be prepared. At the second session we require $20 cash or money order per adult applicant and family member for credit check fee .
List of documents:
• 2022 taxes (pages 1-4 of the actual tax documents)
• 2022 W-2
• SSI letter (if applicable)
• Disability award letter (if applicable)
• Court-Ordered Child Support Letter and 13 month payment history (if applicable)
• Current employer
• July pay stubs
• Alimony letter from the court (if applicable)
• July bank statements – including all checking and savings accounts
• Social Security cards for ALL family members
• Year and make of car ( ex. 2014 Toyota)
• Copy of current lease and July utilities bill
• You must give Sandhills Habitat permission to run your credit and background check
Must Live/Work in County
- The applicant must live or work in Moore, Richmond or Hoke County.
Need for Housing
- Unsafe or very poor conditions or located in a particularly unsafe area; Rent, or contribution currently paid towards rent, exceeds 35% of net income
- Size is inadequate for the present residents
- Other facts demonstrating a need for the type of housing Habitat can provide, that goes beyond a personal desire to own a home
Have the Ability to Pay
- Stable income for at least one year and the ability to make monthly mortgage payments, but too low to secure conventional financing
- Income between 30-80% of HUD’s area median income (see table).
- Satisfactory housing expense and debt to income ratio; max of 40% DTI
- Verification of earned income with a most recent Federal Income Tax Return and verification of all other income
- Satisfactory housing expense and debt to income ratio
- Legal right to work in the United States
- A satisfactory credit history reflecting acceptance of responsibility for debt. All collection accounts and financial judgments paid in full. No Chapter 7 bankruptcy within three years or Chapter 13 within 18 months prior to applying
- Ability to save $2000 for down payment
- Proof of their ability to live financially independent for 18 months before the application is approved
- Applicants must not be a registered sex offender and will be subject to a criminal background check
Willingness to Partner with Habitat
- Participate in 11 Homebuyer education classes.
- Be honest and cooperative with Habitat for Humanity of the NC Sandhills
- Willing to complete a minimum of 300 “sweat equity” hours per adult (18 years or older) and 60 hours per teen (16-17 years of age)
- Participate in 22 Homebuyer Education Program Workshops and complete two hours one-on-one financial counseling.