Habitat is able to help homeowners who are 55 and older or with a documented physical disability who struggle to maintain the integrity of their homes. Through the Aging in Place Program, people are able to reclaim their homes with pride and dignity and age in place.
The program eliminates substandard housing through home improvement projects. Most grants include homeowner participation of 25% of repair cost due at the time of services.
WHAT WE DO
We will do exterior work like build ramps, repair roofs, repair porches, and steps, replace and windows, clean up yards. We do not do plumbing, electrical or HVAC.
1. Need: Is it affecting your health and safety?
- Homeowners must demonstrate that the scope of the repair will create a safe and decent home.
- You must be the legal owner of the property and have lived in the home for at least a year.
- The home must be in Moore, Hoke or Richmond County.
- The overall condition of the home must be sound enough to justify the repair cost.
- Single family detached homes are eligible.
- Mobile homes are only eligible for ramps with required Title and Deed to property it sits on.
2. Willingness to partner: Families must demonstrate a willingness to participate in the repairs, if able.
- Be honest with Habitat for Humanity of the NC Sandhills about your circumstances.
- Homeowner or family assist in the repair project when possible.
3. Ability to pay: Based on current income and assets.
- Your income must fall below 80% of area median income (see below).
- All property taxes must be paid and up-to-date.
- Repayment based on income.
Habitat for Humanity of the NC Sandhills does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, national origin or familial status. Habitat for Humanity of the NC Sandhills is a Fair Housing/Equal opportunity lender.