Habitat is able to help homeowners who are 55 and older or physically disabled who struggle to maintain the integrity of their homes. Through the Aging in Place Program, people are able to reclaim their homes with pride and dignity and age in place. The program eliminates substandard housing through home improvement projects.
Habitat for Humanity is accepting new repair applications during the month of September 2022 for the year. Please download the Repair Brochure and applications from the righthand margin. Mail your completed application to
Habitat for Humanity of the NC Sandhills
C/O Jim Parsons
2268 NC Highway 5
Aberdeen, NC 28315
WHAT WE DO
We will do exterior work like build ramps, repair roofs, porches, and steps, replace vinyl siding and windows, clean up yards. We do not do plumbing, electrical or HVAC.
Homeowner Must Demonstrate Need
- Homeowners must demonstrate that the scope of the repair will create a safe and decent home.
- You must be the legal owner of the property and have lived in the home for at least a year.
- The home must be in Moore, Hoke or Richmond County.
- The overall condition of the home must be sound enough to justify the repair cost.
- Single family detached homes are eligible.
- Mobile homes are only eligible for ramps.
Have the Ability to Pay for Repairs
- Homeowners must be able to document both their financial need for help with the repairs as well as the ability to afford the repayment plan.
- Income must fall below 60% of area median income (see chart).
- Bankruptcies must have been discharged for more than two years.
- All property taxes must be paid and up-to-date.
- All homeowner’s insurance premiums must be current.
- Property must not be in danger of foreclosure.